Django Unchained (18)

2012 (USA) (Adventure, Drama, Western)
Starring: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo Di Caprio
Director: Quentin Tarantino

A Member’s Choice Film: Yes, as you might imagine this film is bloody which will satisfy 20% of our membership who love lots of blood and gore! But what about the other 80% you may ask? There’s an obvious trade off. If you can disengage from the bloody scenes and think that the blood is just water based paint then you’re in for a fantastic rock and roll ride! The film is set in the American South just two years before the Civil War, a slave, having won his own freedom, sets out to find and free his wife and take revenge on the monstrously cruel plantation owner. Thus unfolds a rip roaring yarn of adventure and a non-stop riot of humour and excitement finishing in a most satisfying climax. Do not miss this cinematic treat! (2hr 45m)